Do you ever stop to think about those things in the world that kind of suddenly yet gradually became uncool?
And nobody ever talked about how they weren't cool anymore!
It's so weird.
So without further ado… let's review some things that at some point - became uncool.
- The generically tied scarf. This tying method used to be THE. THING. And now it's not. Scarves are GREAT, but now we go for much more volume in how they're fashioned around our necks.
- White sports bras. I'm not going to lie. This one caught me by surprise. Suddenly the white sporties that had served me so well were bland and altogether unappealing. Instead of blending in, now our sports bras stand out. So great.
- Cargo pants. Four words: pockets on your thighs. Good riddance.
- Huge hoop earrings. They were a big deal. Now they are not.
- Cucumber Melon fragrance. Inhabitant of high school lockers and college dorm rooms everywhere, and recognizable from across the room.
- Scrunchies. I don't have a lot more to say, but if you're still wearing them, you may be giving off an impression you don't actually want to give. Time to toss 'em.
- Body glitter. Remember when body glitter came in gel, spray, lotion, and every other substance you could think of?
WeSome people put it on their arms, décolletage, eyes… etcetera.
- Tall white cotton gym socks. Goners. When did this happen? I haven't worn them in probably five or six years, but I don't have any recollection of what made me switch.
What other items have you noticed have become obsolete?